Selecting a Contractor
Purchasing a new high efficiency heating an air conditioning system is a big investment, and probably one you will make based on the recommendations of a contractor you’ve known for only a few hours. In order to protect this investment, homeowners need to select a contractor that installs equipment based on Facts, Testing and Science. Installing the new and improved high efficiency equipment of today based on rules of thumb and past experienced is no longer acceptable.
Unfortunately, many contractors still offer investment advice on new heating and air conditioning systems based on opinions and best guesses. To protect you and your family make sure you select a contractor that can meet the minimum criteria outlined below.
- Computerized “Manual J” Load Calculation – This room by room scientific test will determine the right size equipment for your home.
- Room by Room Airflow Calculation – This is a scientific measurement of the amount of air coming out of the air vent in each room. This will ensure your new system heats and cools your home evenly.
- Air Duct Leakage Calculation – The typical duct system in a home leaks 25-40%. The air duct leakage test identifies where the leaks are located so repairs can be made.
- Air Flow Leakage Reduction Guarantee – Get a written guarantee that the duct system will leak less than 10%, or that they will guarantee 75% less air leakage once the new system is installed.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee – This is a written money back guarantee that the new system is designed and installed properly based on scientific data.