Smart Home Trends Worth Exploring
Along with our phones and tablets, our homes are also getting smarter. New technology is automating everything from our homes’ lighting to heating and cooling, and homeowners in Buford are getting a luxury, 5-star experience right in their own homes. Learn five smart home trends set to revolutionize how we live.
Smart Home Trends
- Remote programmable thermostats: These nifty devices make your home’s HVAC system really smart. In fact, smarter use of our HVAC systems can lead to as much as a 30 percent reduction in home cooling and heating costs, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Install one of these smart thermostats in your home, and it can sense when to cycle on and off according to your usage patterns. You can also control the WiFi-connected systems via your smartphone - even when you’re not at home.
- Lighting: Some remote thermostat devices also combine automation of other components in your home, such as lighting. You can also purchase separately controlled devices just for this purpose. Either way, smart home trends show that this is one area where homeowners are gaining control over energy waste. Via command central, you can change the lights in various rooms of the home. If you program your home’s exact location, the system will automatically dim, brighten and switch the lights according to the time of sunrise and sunset.
- Doors: No component of the home is left out of the newest smart home trends, including security. Install an automated door lock that’s controlled via an app on your smartphone. You can let select people into the home - even when you’re not there - or unlock the doors before you get out of the car carrying several bags of groceries.
- Home security: Simple and advanced home security systems give you control over your home when you’re not there. Sensors detect the presence of undesirables and sound an alarm if the system is tripped. Additionally, 24-hour surveillance lets you see what’s going on when you’re gone.
- Entertainment: Combine all of your home entertainment systems with one app, and easily turn on a gaming device, TV or music with the touch of a few buttons.
With smart home trends like these as a possibility, you can create an innovative, easy-to-use system to manage your home’s lighting, energy systems, security and entertainment. For more information about a remote home system, contact Casteel Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Plumbing today and ask about our remote control thermostat special.