Heater Maintenance: Don't Let Another Year Go By Without It
Even though cooler weather is less than imminent for homeowners in northern Atlanta, it’ll be here sooner than you know. That’s why it’s necessary to think about heater maintenance ahead of time, so your furnace will be ready to respond to the call of duty.
Homeowners should invest in heater maintenance every year. Although you can schedule service at almost any time, preseason maintenance ensures that everything is clean and ready to perform, so it’s a good idea to make preparing your heater for the winter ahead a priority.
Benefits You Can’t Afford to Ignore
Seasonal maintenance offers several benefits:
- A longer-lasting system
- A reliable heater
- An efficient system, so you save on heating bills
- An environmentally friendly system that doesn’t consume more than its fair share of natural resources
- A safe heater
The Preseason Tuneup
When you schedule a tuneup, your furnace technician will perform a thorough and comprehensive inspection and maintenance on the heater; this service includes tasks such as the following:
- Inspecting the burner flames
- Cleaning the burners
- Removing and cleaning the blower
- Swapping out the old furnace filter for a new, clean one
- Cleaning the pilot light or electronic igniter
- Inspecting and cleaning the sensors
- Testing the hot surface igniters and making sure they’re clean
- Oiling the bearings, if necessary
- Inspecting the ducts, and cleaning them if necessary
- Checking the dampers in the ductwork
- Checking the thermostat’s settings to ensure it’s correctly reading the indoor temperature
- Testing the system’s controls to ensure that the cooling cycle is locked out when in heating mode, and vice versa
- Checking the gas connections
- Inspecting the heat exchanger
An annual inspection also helps the technician to identify worn or damaged components before they become problematic. Replacing worn parts in a timely manner will help your furnace run better and safer.
For more information about what takes place during heating maintenance, contact Casteel! We’re happy to schedule an appointment or talk to you about our maintenance agreement plans. Just give us a call today!