Bye Bye Spring Pollen & Hello Fresh Air
The birds are chirping. The grass is getting greener. The trees are starting to bud. During this time of year, there is nothing better than opening up your windows while you spring clean the home from the closed up winter months. As you turn into a cleaning machine, you notice a haze forming on your metro Atlanta home's flat surfaces. Pollen. It's here. That spring fresh air is not as crisp and clean as you had hoped.
There is not doubt about it. Spring brings beautiful days matched with watery itchy eyes, runny noses, and allergy symptoms. The pollen is the biggest culprit to these awful spring side affects but your home's air can be fresh and clean even if the air outside is filled with flying contaminants.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air can be 2-5 times more polluted than outdoor air. As a homeowner, there are a few simple things that you can do to increase your home's quality of air:
- Change your Air Filters– Air filters are designed to trap dust, dust mites, pet dander, pollen and a variety of other contaminants. If your air filter is clogged, not only is your HVAC system working harder but your air quality is suffering. Change your air filter regularly to increase your HVAC energy efficiency and increase the quality of your air.
- Consider Air Adding Air Cleaning Plants– NASA performed an air cleaning study in which the results showed that a number of plants can improve the quality of your air. These plants help filter out harmful compounds and provide you with oxygen. Some great options are Aloe Vera, Peace Lily, English Ivy, Boston Fern, and Spider Plants to name a few.
- Install Air Filtration or Purification Systems– These systems capture even the smallest of contaminants and prevent them from recirculating back into the home but either eliminating them or trapping them, dependent upon which system you choose. This is a fantastic way to improve your air quality and can be easily installed by your professional HVAC technician.
- Clean your Ducts– Cleaning the various heating and cooling system components of your forced air system can reduce dust and other contaminants from circulating throughout your home.
- UV Lamps– When adding a UV Lamp onto your HVAC system you can expect them to dramatically destroy and reduce concentrations of potentially harmful micro-organisms.
For the ultimate in air quality, the best place to start is to get a high quality air filter. Add a few air cleaning plants and contact the HVAC professionals at Casteel. Our team of highly trained technicians will be able to walk you through the different air quality options. Say "Bye Bye to Spring Pollen" and "Hello to Fresh Air." Call Casteel today at (770) 766-1657 or schedule online. At Casteel, we will help you breathe easy and take Amazing Care of you!