How to Save This Summer!
Hey y’all…can you feel the heat? Spring is definitely here and summer isn’t too far behind, or at least according to my utility bill! With that southern heat rolling in, I’m sure you'll have your air conditioner running 24/7...while your body may appreciate it, your wallet won't! So I’m going to let y’all in on some tricks of the trade and a few ways to save a couple bucks. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, your heating and cooling system accounts for 54% of your utility bill! Try these tips and watch your utility bill melt away, well no literally of course!
- Use your programmable thermostat! Set it to high as is comfortable in the summer and make sure you are setting it to turn off when you are not in the house.
- Replace or clean your filters on a monthly basis to ensure system efficiency.
- In the summer time try to keep the window blinds closed or mostly closed to prevent the sun from heating up the home.
- It would be a good idea to consider putting heat resistant between exterior walls.
- Make sure you turn off you exhaust fans in the bathroom and kitchen within 20 minutes after you are done using them.
- If your HVAC system is more than 12 years old you want to consider investing in a new energy-efficient system. Newer models are more efficient and can help you save money in the long run!
Don't let the summer heat get the best of your utility bill. If you are looking to install a new HVAC system, make sure you consult an HVAC professional (I hear the folks at Casteel are pretty good 🙂 ) to get the right one for you. Try these money saving tips and let me know how it goes in the comment box below or on my Twitter page!