Summer Allergy Home Tips
With the official start of summer, we're experiencing allergies worse than ever. We've got a few more home tips for you for combating summer allergies.
1. Make sure to regularly change your home air filters to avoid build-up and recirculation of dust, dirt, pollen, and pet dander. Filters should be changed every one to two months in the summer.
2. While you're thinking about changing your air filters, make sure you routinely clean the rest of your typically forgotten spots too. Regularly dusting and vacuuming can greatly reduce allergy triggers inside the house. Remember to change your bedding often as well.
3. Remove moisture, along with dry particles, in the home to help prevent mold. Try not to let pool and beach towels sit around wet for more than a day, turn on the vent fan while you shower, and run a dehumidifier to keep a drier home.
4. Have your ducts sealed by a professional technician to help reduce the amount of allergy triggers that come into your home from outside. Ducts are often hidden out of sight, so they can be easily forgotten, but cracks and openings can greatly reduce the efficiency of your HVAC .
5. Remember tohave your air conditioner serviced at least once a year. Cleaning your air system of dust and other particles will help bring down allergy triggers, and annual maintenance improves efficiency and lifespan of your cooling system.
If you haven't done your annual HVAC maintenance yet, give us a call or schedule an appointment online and let our professional technicians help you out!